A leadership development program designed to equip and empower disciple-makers.
ROGO School is a leadership program created to teach our people to lead like Jesus. Inspired by the Great Commission, ROGO students will learn how to go out and make disciples through a combination of teaching, mentorship, and real-world application.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Sharpen their skills
- Develop their character
- Become the leader God designed them to be and that people want to follow
Once a month, students will come together at one of our campuses to learn and fellowship with each other. We’ll begin our time together with live teaching from the pastoral staff at Sandals Church. Topics include leadership, spiritual formation, theology, evangelism, and more. Afterwards, students will have the opportunity to discuss what they learned with their fellow students, as well as participate in a Q&A session.
A mentor will come alongside you in the process of being uniquely formed in the image of Christ. During your time together, your mentor will be available to pray, encourage, and challenge you to grow deeper in your faith.
Live it Out Exercises
One of the best ways to learn is by doing. Each month, we are going to challenge our students to live out what they’ve learned through application in a real-world setting. Some examples include talking to someone you’ve never met, sharing the Gospel with a nonbeliever, and inviting someone into discipleship.
In order to pour out, you must also be poured into. One of the best ways to quench this thirst is through developing the habit of spiritual disciplines. Whether it’s daily prayer, spending time in the Word, journaling, or fasting, we encourage our students to practice one or more of these daily.
Join us for an in-person weekend experience where you will get to explore your life story and how you can use it to reach others. Led by the Pastor of Spiritual Formation, this is an opportunity for you to dive deeper in the practices of study, reflection, and retreat.
At the conclusion of the program, we’ll host a celebration for everyone who finished strongly.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about making disciples. The ideal candidate should also be bought into our vision of being real with ourselves, God, and others.
Additionally, the candidate must:
- Be a baptized believer of Jesus Christ
- Uphold Sandals Church values: God, Authenticity, Character, Honor, Unity, and Sacrifice
- Actively involved with Sandals Church: attending services, serving on a team, being a part of a group, giving, etc.
- Can anyone apply to ROGO School?
- ROGO School is open to Sandals Church volunteers and staff members.
- Volunteers are nominated by their Campus Teams. Once nominated, the candidate will receive an application link and then will go through an interview process.
- If you’d like to be part of this program, connect with your Campus Pastor or Campus Operations Lead to see if they think this is the right fit for you.
- Is ROGO School offered in-person or virtually?
- We offer both in-person and virtual options.
- Is there a cost to be part of the program?
- The only cost for ROGO School is to cover lodging, meals, and materials for ROGO School Intensive. Each year varies, but expect to budget around $300.00 to attend.
Make a Lasting Impact
A gift of any amount given to the ROGO Foundation can directly help us fund ROGO School.
Each year of ROGO School costs an average of $70,000 to train and equip students for real-time work in ministry.